Tuesday, July 27, 2010

We're back from the mountains, and had a lovely time. Thanks to everyone who made comments and emailed after my last post. Nice to know you're still out there. :-)

Our Internet connection here is still spotty, so I'll post in small bits. That way, I won't lose posts that have taken, say, 20 minutes to compose, and then vanish after I hit the "post" button. And then maybe I won't have to rip out my hair at the roots in frustration, because I like having hair.

But I disgress.

In the mountains, as in all regions of Italy, flower boxes abound. Even the most crude stone house will have a cheerful box of geraniums adorning its windowsills. But even when the buildings are bursting with flowers, it's still not enough for the Italians.

Check out one of the many woodstacks we saw...




...ready for winter stoves and fireplaces, yet not quite ready to admit that summer will eventually come to an end.

Kind of like me.

2 comments:

Mary Witzl said...

That's a bit like a dandelion growing out of a wall -- a nice surprise. Nature and Italians do it right.

Anonymous said...

I know it's been quite some time since your last post, but I'd love to see another one! My boyfriend is Italian and therefore there's a good chance of me moving to Italy permanently one day and love how much more comfortable this blog makes me feel about my own awkward discoveries when I was in Italy! :)